Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Quist 64

Article about: Hey lads. So I saw this Kriegsmarine helmet posted on the internet about two weeks ago, and it's been on my mind a few days now I have never bought any KM helmets so to be honest I am not su

Default Kriegsmarine Quist 64

Hey lads.

So I saw this Kriegsmarine helmet posted on the internet about two weeks ago, and it's been on my mind a few days now

I have never bought any KM helmets so to be honest I am not sure whether or not the seller is asking for my soul or if it's a good deal.
    The seller wants about 615$ for it. The helmet's condition is o.k as it being a named helmet as well, though there is some rust/patina to it.
    I'm quite sure it's not a toned Heer helmet due to the fact that the decals looks more like gold than toned white.

My question is. Would you have bought it or passed it?

I'll like to apologize if pricing is something you guys won't comment on.

Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64Kriegsmarine Quist 64 Kriegsmarine Quist 64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Quist 64
    P
    Many

Edit.

Not easy to tell from the photos, but I'm not seeing anything that is saying that this is anything but a Heer.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not easy to tell from the photos, but I'm not seeing anything that is saying that this is anything but a Heer.
    I agree. Jim G.

It's said to have been found in a german u-boat dock in Norway

Though.... the seller can say whatever they want.

How can you tell if this is a Heer an not a KM? I would love to know

The difference between a Heer and a KM is the decal of which the helmet you show has little left and no real indication that the decal is a KM. The lot number of the Q64 could be checked against the data base to see if falls in the range of known KM configuration by Quist.

Steve

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    +2 on that plus.......And..... the name has been added at a later date.................. its painted over the rust!!!

Lot numbers as most will know, are not the be all and end all of anything. plus unless I see an SE pot with a gold decal It's Army for sure - That's just my opinion

Hi, I agree, looks like a toned HEER decal and the naming is definitely not contemporary. Leon.