Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

late war helmet shell

Article about: Hi Gents, here is number 2 of 3 of my lids. i got this helmet as a shell with the helmet band and rivits intact. no liner. i believe the camo is part of a US parachute. it came in the bottom

?

Default late war helmet shell

Hi Gents,
    here is number 2 of 3 of my lids. i got this helmet as a shell with the helmet band and rivits intact. no liner. i believe the camo is part of a US parachute. it came in the bottom of a cigar box with only german items. it was cut into a triangle shape with a hole cut in one corner, may be used as a scarf ? silk will keep heat in.
    but the shell was naked, and the camo fit, and i think it looks more interesting as a display, than a bare shell. if an american saw it on a helmet, i think he would hesitate to shoot at it. just a thought.
    and i could never find a decent correct liner for the shell, so i came across a post war german one, and after some modifications to it, it fit in like an original. the head band holes make it obviously post war, i was not looking to decive, just to have it fit the styrofoam head better that it once sat on.
    so thats the story on this poor naked shell.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture late war helmet shell   late war helmet shell  

late war helmet shell   late war helmet shell  

late war helmet shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement late war helmet shell
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: late war helmet shell

Looks good Andrew,I think the liner is a Norwegian one as It has 9 leather " fingers" and the German ones usually have 8.But I have been wrong many times before .
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Default Re: late war helmet shell

Hi zwerge,
    thanks for taking a look. it's better than nothing , well not much better . if i could find a proper liner, i'd put it in. not having any luck so far lol.
    andrew