Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Late War M42, EF62

Article about: Hi guys, I found this in a local militaria store and I couldn't pass on the \\$275 price tag. It's a late war combat vet with a 1943 liner. The lot number is 2231 and the '62' is faded out, so

Good helmet and a good price... Congratulations!!!!!! Marty

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by DougB View Post
    The two helmet companies that used slave labor were NS and EF. That might account for the poor quality of the EF helmets, along with perhaps poor operational practices or worn equipment. EF lot number stamps are often poorly positioned and obviously worn down from use.

Source: Catalogue of Camps and Prisons in Germany and the German-Occupied Territories, published in July 1949 by the International Tracing Service (ITS)
    Thanks for the good info Doug, I never knew that any of the manufacturers utilized slave labor.

And thanks to everyone else for the kind words!

Great helmet, really great price! Wish lids like that would show up in my neck of the woods... but they never do.

That is a nice example of a late war helmet buddy.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Thanks for the good info Doug, I never knew that any of the manufacturers utilized slave labor.
    Hi Mo, actually given that hundreds of German textile and manufacturing companies used slave labor from the camp system, which was prevalent throughout Germany during the war years, I was surprised all the helmet manufacturers didn't. That said, ET (Thale) being the primary employer in the town probably could draw on enough local labor so as not needing to supplement their labor force.

Certainly it shows the darker side of these helmets we collect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12