Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late War M42, EF62

Article about: Hi guys, I found this in a local militaria store and I couldn't pass on the \\$275 price tag. It's a late war combat vet with a 1943 liner. The lot number is 2231 and the '62' is faded out, so

Default Late War M42, EF62

Hi guys,

I found this in a local militaria store and I couldn't pass on the $275 price tag. It's a late war combat vet with a 1943 liner. The lot number is 2231 and the '62' is faded out, so I am just guessing at the size.

I've never owned one of these M42's before so I have to say, EF M42's are quite possible the worst quality helmets I've ever seen. Put one next to something like a Q M35 and you will wonder how these even passed inspection. Check out the picture I took showing how uneven the edges are. I mean even my ckl M42 is much better than this.

Regardless of the fact that it looks like it was manufactured by an ogre with sheet metal and a hammer, I love it and I'm glad it's found a happy home on my shelf.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War M42, EF62   Late War M42, EF62  

Late War M42, EF62   Late War M42, EF62  

Late War M42, EF62   Late War M42, EF62  

Late War M42, EF62  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War M42, EF62
    P
    Many

very nice helmet and a great price.
    chris

Might be a bit rough but it'll still look good on the shelf!..

?

Like I said on GHW2, rough around the edges give it it's own charm.
    I really like it, great lid!

Brad.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I've never owned one of these M42's before so I have to say, EF M42's are quite possible the worst quality helmets I've ever seen. Put one next to something like a Q M35 and you will wonder how these even passed inspection. Check out the picture I took showing how uneven the edges are.
    The two helmet companies that used slave labor were NS and EF. That might account for the poor quality of the EF helmets, along with perhaps poor operational practices or worn equipment. EF lot number stamps are often poorly positioned and obviously worn down from use.

Source: Catalogue of Camps and Prisons in Germany and the German-Occupied Territories, published in July 1949 by the International Tracing Service (ITS)

4md
    ?

Nice lid for a good price

The poor old M42 gets it in the neck again! Haha. They never will look as well engineered as the M35 due to the economy savings made on them such as the lack of a "roll over" rim. Time is money and all that, but a nice helmet all the same,a good buy. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    The poor old M42 gets it in the neck again! Haha. They never will look as well engineered as the M35 due to the economy savings made on them such as the lack of a "roll over" rim. Time is money and all that, but a nice helmet all the same,a good buy. Leon.
    The Sith lord Vader prefers the M42!!!
    Do you feel a slight constriction to your neck Leon?

Cheers, Darth... er, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Great price for that helm. I wish we had local militaria store's here in Yuma. I have to wait for our snowbirds to return during the winter months and hope somebody bought something with them to sell.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by DougB View Post
    The two helmet companies that used slave labor were NS and EF ...
    Good to remember of the hardship which often stands behind the things.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast