Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liner & chin strap

Article about: Hello guys. Any opinions on this chin strap. I am close to 100% on this being a WW2 period chin strap. I would like some opinions on it anyway, because i have it in the Classifieds section t

?

Default Liner & chin strap

Hello guys. Any opinions on this chin strap. I am close to 100% on this being a WW2 period chin strap. I would like some opinions on it anyway, because i have it in the Classifieds section together with a helmet, liner and pins.

Thank you and regards, Lars

Chin strap

Liner & chin strapLiner & chin strapLiner & chin strapLiner & chin strap

Complete liner

Liner & chin strapLiner & chin strapLiner & chin strapLiner & chin strapLiner & chin strap

Liner/pins

Liner & chin strapLiner & chin strap

Helmet

Liner & chin strap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Liner & chin strap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Liner & chin strap

From what I can see it all looks good. Early aluminum liner and pins. Strap looks like it may be a dark brown? You are selling these? I didn't see them in classifieds.

?

Those milimetre markings on the spring bands is a new one on me, ive never seen that before, perhaps others have

Quote by davejb View Post
    Those milimetre markings on the spring bands is a new one on me, ive never seen that before, perhaps others have
    I saw that after posting my comment. I'm going to check my aluminum band that's not installed in a helmet and see of it has that.

?

I can take some close ups of the steel band tomorrow in day light. It has some patina to it. Don't know if it makes any sense to have mm markings on the steel band?
    Yes i am selling it with a relic helmet in really good condition. The liner band is original to the helmet. Chinstrap is not. The helmet was found on the bottom of trench in the Pskov area.

Here is a link to my add in Classifieds. M35 Double Decal "Q" Helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Regards, Lars

I checked the inner line to my aluminum liner, and I didn't see any "mm" markings anywhere on the metal finger things. Maybe a post war inner liner, or a prototype inner liner band? I have no idea.

?

Well it cant be a post war inner ring if it was found with the helmet, do all the other springs have the same markings ie mm on them, Lars

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well it cant be a post war inner ring if it was found with the helmet, do all the other springs have the same markings ie mm on them, Lars
    I was just brainstorming.

?

It is most definitely not a post war liner. I can try to remove the steel band, but i am not sure i will be able to put it back again. Yes there i mm markings on all the bands, and i think i have the answer to what it is. With my knowledge of dug up relics i will say that the steel band rusted away and my friend replaced it with a tape measure band. I got from my digging partner. I can ask him if that is what it is. It has however some corrosion to it, especially where the three liner pins have been. I actually thought these steel bands had this mm markings for easier attachment of something like that. I never considered it not to be period.

?

That was going to be my suggestion as to the originality of the springs, replaced with a flexible metal tape measure post war

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast