Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

liner looks weird

Article about: I wouldn't say you got 'taken', unless you paid a whole lot of money but hopefully it wasn't too much. Also, to me there are big differences between 'authentic' and 'genuine', regardless of

?

Default liner looks weird

What kind of liner is this? I bought a "authentic" heer helmet at a gun show. I took the liner out and this is what I found. The band has no markings and suspect it a fake or repro. Is the leather part also a repro......looks pretty old. Thanks for your comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture liner looks weird   liner looks weird  

liner looks weird  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement liner looks weird
    P
    Many

Default Re: liner looks weird

The leather looks ok to me. Not sure about the alu band.

?

The seperate liner band with the chinstrap bales looks ok ,id like to see more closeups of the leather and the alu band with the broken spring bands, but it looks to me that its been removed before and not put back properly or in a complete state

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    The seperate liner band with the chinstrap bales looks ok ,id like to see more closeups of the leather and the alu band with the broken spring bands, but it looks to me that its been removed before and not put back properly or in a complete state
    Thanks Dave. Here are some more photos as requested. I haven't seen many liner guts, but I thought the spring bands would be larger. All the other bands look like the one in the pic......are they cut short? I was able to find the maker on the outer band, "Litzmannstadt 1942". Maybe I'm being too paranoid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture liner looks weird   liner looks weird  

Looks all ok to me , I'd say it's a steel band and not an alu one. Now the question is why did you take it out ??

?

Ok scwher whatever, leave the poor bugger alone...I know most of us, snd yes I include me, cause I do now have some knowledge now, at one stage in our early collecting career removed liners to have a look, see what markings were there and get a feel for the helmet...myself I wouldn't have removed the leather, without asking here first, but our young mate has, and he has learned something. The liner already looked like ut had been removed at sone stage, do why not have a bloody ood look and see what's there. Our young friend here is inexperienced and is keen to earn, and yes does make rookie mistakes. Give him a chance......

Pablo you probaly didn't do the best thing by removing the liner ax a whole before asking for advice here, but now you have you can learn more about liners and Aldo learn from your mistake. Next time post it as without mucking with it, and I dare say thst others with more knowledge, snd thst include heavy punk, will have good advice or you !!!

?

All the repro liners inhale encountered are marked, and marked correctly.....just cause yours isn't marked, doesn't make it repro

?

Can you post pics of the rest of the shell????

?

Pablo, ok , the spring bands have been cut short, which means that you will only be able to reattach in certain areas and hopefully that will be enough just to hold the liner in place but it wont be completely secure, if its just for your own display then its ok, personally i would refit new springs but its not easy plus it wouldnt remain completely original, i notice that the leather is dropping and i can see that there is at least one if not more of the small liner pins that are not holding the leather in place, you could try to carefully refit these, but they will be fragile, you could also refit the spring band to the outer band by using wire threaded through the retaining gaps and around the spring rivets, this would hold the liner in place in the correct position before securing to the helmet, hope thats helpful but in any case will be a learning process as to how the liner is manufactured in its component parts

?

Many thanks for the comments. German helmets are like a beautiful woman.....it is difficult just to sit back and look at them.....I have to touch and handle them....usually at the expense of messing things up. Anyway, the inner liner band was very loose and about to fall out, so curiosity got the best of me and I dissassembled it. I saw the cut spring bands and wondered if "I got taken", so I posted it. Now with your comments, if I decide to sell it, I would have a good conscience that all was original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast