Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a helmet!

Article about: Hello. Annoyed from this ads?   The only German helmet I have is a relic and now has come the time to purchase a better one. Where would one living in Europe find best and reliable helm

Default Looking for a helmet!

Hello.

The only German helmet I have is a relic and now has come the time to purchase a better one. Where would one living in Europe find best and reliable helmets from? Im mostly looking for a WH SD helmet, complete one. Budget is around 300-600.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

You want find a SD for 300-600 in ok condition, just to let you know. It's gonna cost around 600-900 for a nice one with a liner. I would recommend ww2germanhelmets.com for good prices german helmets or svmilitaria for SD's.

I forgot to mention that ND suits me just fine! Thanks Will, I'll check that site out.

?
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Cheers! One helmet I've considered is this. 330. What do you think of the price? I think it's okay.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

If you want just one helmet (which never happens) and you want it to a be single decal Heer, than do it right and buy one with a complete decal. Go big or go home.

The thing is that I don't want to pay alot and I just want a helmet with been there-look, and half scratched off decal is just fine for me. Of course if I could get a good decal for the same price it would be even better but this suits me fine. I want an iconic piece of European war history, not the most collectable piece.

?

Helmetone one is correct in saying to buy a slightly better piece. Trust me when I say you will want to upgrade the helmet almost immediately. Save a bit more, and buy a complete helmet with a good chinstrap, and liner.

The helmet you posted is almost a ND. Not worth buying in my opinion.

Check out the ruptured duck website as well.

Whatever you choose, I wish you the best. You will want another helmet, and another and another.

So do it right the first time.

Best wishes.
    "You will get all the rest you need in the grave"

Why dont you look on Giorgios site? Italianwarfront. You will probably get free shipping and paypal fees will be 20$. Ive bought my first from him, took 10 days from USA to Croatia. You will probably pay the customs fees, i paid around 6-7e. He writes that the value is 50$ or less and you dont need to bring a bill since he sends with the CP71 form.

Thanks for all the advices! I'll reconsider what kind of helmet I'll be looking for.

DTV, I will check that, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast