Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?

Article about: Local antique shop. Possible late luftwaffe. To my untrained eye, appears ok. Please advise . Swastika looks a little twisted but was told may have been applied that way at factory.

Default Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?

Local antique shop. Possible late luftwaffe. To my untrained eye, appears ok. Please advise . Swastika looks a little twisted but was told may have been applied that way at factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?  Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?  Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?  Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?  Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?  Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?  Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking to add Luftwaffe helmet to my home........correct?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Look good to me. The decal appears to be the correct NS type with the toes of the talon not breaking too far into the swastika.

And correct. A twisted swastika is not uncommon with Luft decals. These were harder to apply than the standard "shield" type decals.

Can't comment on the dome stamp. Not one I have seen examples of (re. Ken N's book) but I'm sure others can comment. Given that the rest of the helmet looks good to me, I'm sure it's just my lack of seeing on like this before.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with MAP. The liner is the correct late pigskin type as well. A good helmet to get.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Textbook example. Go for it. Jim G.

All good.

Grab it!

MAP
    ?

Just make sure the price is right....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Just make sure the price is right....
    Well,
    They are asking 550. I imagine this is fair?

?

Quote by illfish View Post
    Well,
    They are asking 550. I imagine this is fair?
    That is a fair price and would be a very nice addition to your collection.

MAP
    ?

Plus: Good decal, good liner and a dome stamp.
    Negative: Exterior has some paint/varnish drips and classic white "closet" smudges.

I think it is fair but I would offer something a bit lower. Maybe $500. Antique shops often haggle. Point out these exterior issues Tell them just like other "collectibles" that condition is "everything"... If they say no, you have nothing to lose You can always pay the $550.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast