Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A lot of helmets

Article about: That M42 shell would make a fun restoration project. It is original. Offer \\$50 and see what he says.

?

Default A lot of helmets

I recently asked a seller if he had other interesting helmets i could have a look at. He sent me quite a few pics i would say. About 50 pic. These helmets seems to have some kind of "German" blood line, so i post them here. If anybody could help me with some ID on these i would be happy. Also an opinion on originality would be nice. My knowledge about helmets is still limited. Some of them like the Luftschutz is quite obvious of course. Some of them also seems to have quite new liners.

Thank a lot gents. I would be really happy with some help on these

No 1

A lot of helmetsA lot of helmetsA lot of helmets

No 2 This one is a little strange. Maybe a restoration.

No 3

A lot of helmetsA lot of helmets

No 4

No 5

A lot of helmetsA lot of helmetsA lot of helmetsA lot of helmets

No 6 I think the liner pic is inside of the blue Luftschutz. Not sure.

A lot of helmetsA lot of helmetsA lot of helmetsA lot of helmets

No 7

No 8

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A lot of helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: A lot of helmets

The very bottom helmet is a Spanish M42 and the helmet above that is a German M34 I believe. A bulgarian M36 in between the two Adrian style helmets.

?

Thanks a lot MSD. Never knew there was a German M34.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Thanks a lot MSD. Never knew there was a German M34.
    I'm pretty sure that's what it is, it's a civil (fire/police) lid not a military lid. Only know because my son picked on of these up a few years back, kind of what got him started on collection.

theres a luftswaze (can't remember how to spell today ) the blue one

EDIT** Luftschutz

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    The very bottom helmet is a Spanish M42 and the helmet above that is a German M34 I believe. A bulgarian M36 in between the two Adrian style helmets.
    The bottom helmet (the last 3 pictures of #8) is actually a Hungarian M36, evidenced by the clip on the rear of the skirt and the set back liner retention rivet. The paint looks original on this one. With the original Hungarian WWII vintage liners these are worth a fair amount more than a Spanish Modello (spelling?) Z M42 style raw edged helmet, probably around $200 or so if it has the war time liner. On this one the rivets look like they are silver and may be replacements, which would suggest a replaced liner as well. The top one is an all original one piece Bulgarian gladiator luftschutz in fairly good shape which would go on ebay for $125 to $150 or so in that condition. Most of the others are an assortment of fairly common German, French and Bulgarian helmets. Some are repainted/refurbished, with one decaled TR gladiator Luftschutz (I would want to see a straight on shot of the decal on that one to be sure it isn't a repro). Hope this was of some assistance. Jim G.

?

This is a big help Jim Thanks a lot. I could of course reseach them myself, but that would be really time consuming and i maybe want to buy some of them.

Mostly agree with Jim G except the Hungarian looks to have two shades of green paint and very new looking liner pin heads, so probably post war re issued and probably has the post war liner, IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hello again. Here is some pics of the Luft decal. Does it look good to you( helmet2id )? Everybodys opinions welcome

?

One member on the forum have warned me against this helmet, because of the decal. Can i get some opinions from anybody else?

Thanks

Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast