Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Lot of Helmets

Article about: Someone (not from the forum) contacted me about selling these helmets. What are your thoughts on them? I have my concerns about a number of them, maybe all of them, but outside opinions are

Default Lot of Helmets

Someone (not from the forum) contacted me about selling these helmets. What are your thoughts on them? I have my concerns about a number of them, maybe all of them, but outside opinions are always best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope they load in the correct order. Thanks.

1. Lot of HelmetsLot of HelmetsLot of Helmets

2. Lot of HelmetsLot of Helmets

3. Lot of HelmetsLot of HelmetsLot of Helmets

4. Lot of HelmetsLot of Helmets

5. Lot of HelmetsLot of HelmetsLot of Helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot of Helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lot of Helmets

Maybe this thread fell through the cracks, lol. Opinions, anyone?

G'day Bud, i definately like the bottom one, the named one's liner band looks a bit too New but that doesn't mean the shell is Dodgey I can't really see any Red flags, if the Camo ones are repaints who ever is doing them is quite the Artist, i kinda like them all, but i've been wrong before and i'm sure i will be again lol.

Cheers Phill

Looking at the Top one again I'd say someone has drilled the holes to fit a crude chinstrap, and then it has been replaced with a liner which looks a little dark, so it could be a Norwegian one?

I think you are correct about the top one. The liner has either been treated with something, or is post war That camo pattern I have no seen on a WWII helmet, that is more comonly seen on WWI helmets, and with more colors. Unfortunate someone took a drill to it. #3 looks like a camo that was cleaned at some time, maybe to expose decals. #4 has a very worn look, possibly cleaned. #5 is the better looking of all on the outside. Have a funny feeling there are no "guts" on the interior. Thanks for your comments, I was beginnig to wonder if I was being ignored, lol.

Yes looks like a WW1 camo job and thats where the WW1 lids had there chinsraps attatched? Hmmmm? maybe a re-enactor job? or maybe an old vet copying what he had in the first war? Hope you get some more opinions, now i'm intrigued!

I am hoping for more opinions. I'm on the fence about these.

The top helmet is bad, I am fairly sure I have seen better photos of it on another forum.

The second has been repainted black at some point. Better photos are needed in order to ascertain when this was done (most likely post-war)

The third looks strange and has been subjected to heavy cleaning.

The last one doesn't look right to me either, the texture puts me off, as well as the decal..

These are all my opinions. I may be incorrect due to the poor photos.

All the best and good luck,

Josh

Ok here is what I see:

One is a dud, pity about the camo and drilling

Two I like, would like to see the black close up but I would take the M16 any day

Three I don't like at all, been heavily cleaned. Inside is interesting though

Four is a strange one, would want to see better pics. Been messed with but might be interesting

Five could be good but I don't like how it doesn't have a liner, better pics needed once again.

Sorry I couldn't be more conclusive, hard on the pics but I like 2 myself and 4 and 5 could be interesting

1. I don't like at all.
    2. M16 repainted black for fireman use maybe? It has a M18 liner band, WW1 paint under the black perhaps?
    3. Looks sadly like a good Normandy camo that has been raped by some excited muppet looking for decals or cleaning too hard. Seems to have had a rubber foliage band on when it was painted.
    4. Looks like a good M35, maybe a reissue, also maybe had a whitewash at one time that was scrubbed off.
    5. I'm 99% sure is a post war BGS shell with a fake Army decal on it.