08-25-2013 12:57 PM
Well mate I am not a helmet guy myself but the first one is a supposedly a M42 Heer with double decals? I doubt that very much, not sure but in around 1940 there was a instruction to remove the national shield and its too mint so for me on that one its a bog no no, if thats what we are going on I dont have much hope for the rest
so you think all fake?
Because all of them from different people, and everyody write that all real.
2 out of the 6 German helemts might have original shells, the rest is mix or american and Russian.
Not fake but mostly junk.
The "M1" is actually a german post-war version. Paratrooper I think? M61 if I recall correctly.
The Black helmet with a 3 pad liner is some SSH-39 derivative that was probably painted black for Czechoslovak Civil Defense.
The first helmet, (M42) is utter bogus.
The aquamarine M35 I think is a Hungarian Helmet.
Rusty Relic: I don't like how the chinstrap is fine while the rest of it looks like it was dipped in acid.
Last 'german' helmet is also a Hungarian M35.
The hungarian M35s are interesting helmets themselves, worth looking into.
Not all fake, just not "German ww2".
One is Soviet, one is postwar German and other is an Hungarian M35.
And the first German is a complete rubbish.
It's like this:
1) Bad fake
2) M40 Shell. Can't tell origin off one photo. May be good. Not worth much. Good for restoration.
3) Black helmet: SSH 39 or some variant thereof. Not sure exactly, but it's something similar.
4) Rommel 27: Not hungarian; it is trying to be German WWII, but I don't trust it. I think it's a fake because of the chinstrap's condition. Certainly messed with.
5) M35 HUNGARIAN (with GY66 inside, green helmet) <- The difference is the little tab at the back of the helmet. You can see it in the 2nd picture.
6) M42 Shell, Not worth much, good for restoration.
7) M60 or M1A1 German Helmet (Not American)
8) Last helmet, M35 Hungarian. Messed with.
And this thread is closed as well. Please post this many helmets in the correct section, this is the GERMAN HELMET SECTION. And post them individually. I believe you have the answers you seek anyway,