Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,but

Article about: There is a lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,i would love to have it ,thats the condition i like to see coming out of a war,and being 70 years old.only problem is he describes it as for t

Default Lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,but

There is a lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,i would love to have it ,thats the condition i like to see coming out of a war,and being 70 years old.only problem is he describes it as for the german elite ,but im thinking ss dot camo ,where this appears to be army splinterpattern.also cant see the inside.unfortunately i cant see it being worth the near 2503s starting price ,shame i would have liked it after very close reasearch on it further(2904395727236)once again calling it for the elite of the german army ,is he being deliberatley misleading???????????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,but
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,but

the number doesn't seem right, could you post the link?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Heres a link: German Helmet WWII ELITE CAMO-COVER (Normandy) on eBay (end time 06-Jun-10 21:00:56 BST)

I dont think that the seller is being missleading in the description, honestly I reckon he's only done a little bit of research into what he's selling, but nothing else. Hence the reason his description isnt exact. Anyway, bidders on this sort of thing should be well aware of what they are bidding on and know the facts about all the different things to do with helmets.

Thanks

Danny

Most experts agree that factory made splinter pattern Army camo covers are reversible to white for winter wear and that the white sides do not have foliage loops. Through the tears in this cover it does not appear that there is a white reverse side on this piece. Certainly original field made covers exist, and these may not have the white reverse side, but an awful lot of original splinter pattern clothe is still available, and one must be very discerning when offered a clothe camo cover. Obviously, the initial black light exam is a must. I am not commenting at all on this piece in particular because I just do not have enough experience with covers to say anything worth while with respect to the originality of a particular item. Rather, I am just alerting others to some (only some, I am sure there are many other key points to consider) of the issues with which they should become familiar if they decide to buy a clothe helmet cover. Jim G.

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    There is a lovely hard used camo cover on ebay ,i would love to have it ,thats the condition i like to see coming out of a war,and being 70 years old.only problem is he describes it as for the german elite ,but im thinking ss dot camo ,where this appears to be army splinterpattern.also cant see the inside.unfortunately i cant see it being worth the near 2503s starting price ,shame i would have liked it after very close reasearch on it further(2904395727236)once again calling it for the elite of the german army ,is he being deliberatley misleading???????????
    I'd be extremely carful about this one something just doesn't seem right with this one

?

i wouldn't touch anything this guy sells as he's been outed as a faker on another forum

For what it is worth, I totally discount the words "Elite" and "officer" (or Officer model) as just about everything soldseems to be from an elite unit (rangers, green berets, commandos, etc!)

Since I have more interest in the common everyday type soldier-sailor-airman, I have sometimes a hard time finding something they used. I now am starting to believe that these common EM guys must have walked around naked without arms or gear since most of the stuff on Ebay and vender is for elite officers.

Berlin45

?

The cover certainly appeared to be fake and yet another ebay trumped up story to sell to the unwary.