Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

luft helmet?

Article about: H,i is this helmet look ok to some of the more experinced members? I have a chance at buying this and would like some advice on this helmet for this might be my first luft helmet, here is wh

?

Default luft helmet?

H,i is this helmet look ok to some of the more experinced members? I have a chance at buying this and would like some advice on this helmet for this might be my first luft helmet, here is what i know about it: M42. 80% decal. Liner present & solid, no chinstrap. Shell marked 2576. Aluminum liner band dated 1940. I have only seen one of these in person before. Any help would be greatly app. thanks john
    Attached Images Attached Images luft helmet?  luft helmet?  luft helmet?  luft helmet? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luft helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: luft helmet?

Hi John, I would pass on it personally.

The helmet is an M42 and should not have an alloy liner band with that date of 1940. So, obviously, the liner is not original to the helmet when originally made. Save your money for a good unmessed with example.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I agree with Ade, give it a miss , rgds Dave

?

thanks again guys, i figured someone would point me in the right direction, on this one!! keep up the good work, thats what makes this forum worth belonging to!