Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Luft helmet - please help

Article about: I found this helmet for \\$300. I know this is asking a lot but from these poor photos, does it look legit? Thank you in advance

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Hi, this is not my area of TR collecting, [helmets], even so I have several. From what I know, the Luftwaffe decal on these changed in size, 1st pattern being smaller,wing span, than the 2nd type. From what I see, this is a m35 shell with a larger decal. I am not sure when this change was made, but a little research would tell if this is type is right for this shell.
    Both the drooptail adler and the so-called second pattern were placed on M35's.
    I would suggest to read the fabulous book by Ken N on this subject.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi, Thank you Schwerpunkt, I will look into getting that book you suggest. Like I said, not my area, and wasnt sure, but always ready and willing to learn. Once again, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Hi, looks like a decent M35 Luftwaffe helmet. As the seller is showing no images of a tri-colour I would say that it has been removed, The liner is correct for an M35, with the re-enforced liner band and square chinstrap bales. The decal is clearly touched up as the gents have mentioned and the chinstrap does look like a replacement. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

For $300 I would take a punt on this one, touched up decal or not.

Thanks guys.
    I took a chance and sent the seller the $300.
    I will take better photos when I get the helmet in hand and maybe you can tell me whether I got my money's worth.
    Thank you for all of your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12