Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Luft single decal camo -- opinions please

Article about: I have been collecting for 30 years now ,I spent 11 years in Normandy and only found 2 camo helmets and now you see camo helmets everywhere.why because they are all fakes I would say 95% of

?

Default Re: Luft single decal camo -- opinions please

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A single decal camo would be worth more.

But some collectors just want eagles swastikas runes etc. No thought to history or how it looked in combat in WW2. They just want the pretty badges.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Very true Ade why people want to mess with the originality of an item is beyond me
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Being honest if i seen a helmet with say winter camo all over it and it was wearing away to show a little bit off decal,i wouldnt hesitate to try, and reveal the rest of the decal,and in my opinion reveal the most important part of the entire helmet,lv

Sorry but decal is fake and then the paint

?

Care to elaborate??? A response like that has little value to anyone -- some of us are trying to learn here!

simple , if the decal is bad , the camo can't be original because it's over the decal in some places BTW even without the decal , the camo shows some problems !
    The decal is a known fake , you can find them on Ebay for few $

?

Thank you for yet another vague response. You are aware of course you can't show a swastika on e-bay which makes selling a eagle fake or otherwise a waste of time. In fact IMPOSSIBLE on e-bay.

i think id agree with ade it sohuld be kept in its original condition if somthings buries it was buried for a reason by the guy who wore the lid i say keep it as it is for the history of the item but have to admit it is temtping to see whats lurking beneath the surface

Quote by StG45 View Post
    Thank you for yet another vague response. You are aware of course you can't show a swastika on e-bay which makes selling a eagle fake or otherwise a waste of time. In fact IMPOSSIBLE on e-bay.
    Sorry StG45 but if you are still waiting for me to do all your homework , i think you misunderstood me .
    I'm willing to help when someone kindly asks but never say openly all the details , I already explained why on this forum and won't tell it again and again . I must say some other collector friends now don't even post on these forum because of reactions like this
    Also sorry but as English isn't my mother tongue ,sometimes I can make mistakes . I sure would say : you COULD find them ....but still a lot of site sell these fakes .
    For info , this pic was taken on old Ebay , one of these eagles is the father of the decal posted . Sadly they made some improvements since
    And as I'm realy a good guy , I'll tell you find the typical feather in the body and you'll avoid a lot of problems
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dec.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	126279  

Quote by francis006 View Post
    simple , if the decal is bad , the camo can't be original because it's over the decal in some places BTW even without the decal , the camo shows some problems !
    The decal is a known fake , you can find them on Ebay for few $
    Thanks for confirming Francis , I was also sure the helmet is a piece of crap but one has to be careful not to tread on someone's toes.

Indeed. Thanks for the confirmation Guys.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast