Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luft single decal camo -- opinions please

Article about: I have been collecting for 30 years now ,I spent 11 years in Normandy and only found 2 camo helmets and now you see camo helmets everywhere.why because they are all fakes I would say 95% of

?

Default Luft single decal camo -- opinions please

What do ya think??? These are the only photos available.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft single decal camo -- opinions please   Luft single decal camo -- opinions please  

Luft single decal camo -- opinions please   Luft single decal camo -- opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft single decal camo -- opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luft single decal camo -- opinions please

Just a comment re the decal. I will leave other wiser souls to comment on the camo itself. A "Liberated" decal which has been dug out from under the paint. What a great pity. But many years ago this was sadly standard practise with many collectors. People are now (hopefully) more wise today and don't carry out this kind of vandalism. If original this has really hurt the value.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Is it your opinion Ade that its been this way for some time? At least it appears the damage is at a minimum.

Hard to say for sure? But it does look like it was done a while ago.

Cheers, Ade.

I'd have to say that it was done a while ago too, the edges of the paint around the decal look too smooth for this to have been done recently, if it was done recently the edges would probably be sharp.

Thanks

Danny

I love the idea of a long hidden decal emerging after carefull work around the decal area to clear away covering paint ,or whitewash.i would love to be the one maybe someday finding a decal under paint ect,lvPS I THINK THE DECAL IS GOOD, IT IS EXACTLY IN THE RIGHT POSITION THA T MOST 2ND PATTERN DECALS ARE.

But by doing that you are destroying the history and originality of the helmet.

Cheers, Ade.

?

That is true. I suppose it could be argued that a single decal camo is worth more than a M-42 camo? I wonder if the paint was opaque enough to see the decal thru it -- thats why the digging??? THAT would really be criminal!!

A single decal camo would be worth more.

But some collectors just want eagles swastikas runes etc. No thought to history or how it looked in combat in WW2. They just want the pretty badges.....

Cheers, Ade.

What's the maker and lotnumber of the helmet ? I guess it's an HKP so the lot number can prove to be valuable.

Digging for decals is unacceptable these days and was common practice in the seventies , today helmets with dug decals are worth much less than those with nicely hidden decals. Untouched is what collectors of today seek. Unfortunately fakers know this too and will hide fake decals under fake camo paint , who said collecting is easy ;-)

I'd like to see a bigger picture of the decal as well , thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast