Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftschutz ???

Article about: I purchased it from ebay (already 1 strike against). I would be grateful for any comments regarding its authenticity. Thanks.

Default Re: Luftschutz ???

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice looking helmet , do they call it an m38 ? is it common for the decal to be missing or altered can i ask what the easiest way to spot a fake is please cheers james
    The best way to tell is by looking at details in the decal. An M38 is a paratrooper helmet, which is a very rare variant. A typical M38 will run you a few thousand dollars.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz ???
    P
    Many

thanks obkreiger , can i ask what the designated names are for the luftschultz , if there is no decal present can you still prove a fake

so far as i know,,,there are no fakes made of the Luftschutz Gladiator style helmet,,,,they may be relined for postwar use but no remade shells that i am aware of....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    so far as i know,,,there are no fakes made of the Luftschutz Gladiator style helmet,,,,they may be relined for postwar use but no remade shells that i am aware of....
    Plenty of fake Luftschutz decals however, and unfortunately, the craftsmanship of the fakers is getting better every day! Some of the things that you have to look for are the gap in the feathers at the end of the wings, and the graphics of the lettering in the marquis. Jim G.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The best way to tell is by looking at details in the decal. An M38 is a paratrooper helmet, which is a very rare variant. A typical M38 will run you a few thousand dollars.
    Sorry, I'm crazy, there is such a thing as a LS M38. Ade posted a thread with pictures of his. Look up FJ M38's so that you can tell the difference. They are very different.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Plenty of fake Luftschutz decals however, and unfortunately, the craftsmanship of the fakers is getting better every day! Some of the things that you have to look for are the gap in the feathers at the end of the wings, and the graphics of the lettering in the marquis. Jim G.
    If you want to see what a fake Luftschutz decal looks like, unfortunately Ebay has "pre-aged" ones for sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2