Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I found this Luftschutz Two-Piece Gladiator Helmet and this Luftschutz One-Piece Gladiator Helmet in Black but I was wondering if they had been repaint. I was also wondering how to

Question Luftschutz Helmet

Hi guys, I found this Luftschutz Two-Piece Gladiator Helmet and this Luftschutz One-Piece Gladiator Helmet in Black but I was wondering if they had been repaint. I was also wondering how to detect fake Luftschutz helmet please. Those helmet worth buying? because I read that those kind of helmet were really common. Thank for the help in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Helmet   Luftschutz Helmet  

Luftschutz Helmet   Luftschutz Helmet  

Luftschutz Helmet   Luftschutz Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Well they don't look it from the pictures they came in that color I don't like the decal on second helmet there is no gap between the feathers this can be a indicator of a Repo decal not saying it is may just be the lighting and debris that has filled them in. Notice how your first one has a gap between the top feathers. Go over some time to German Helmet Wallahalla they have a thread on fake Luftschutz decals. Some of these were used after the war but these don't show signs of that. Look at the back skirt where the decal is and should be stamped in the metal RL 38/29 for example that is your maker the decal was required by NSDAP to keep distriubtors from price gouging. In other words a price sticker. The 8.00 RM is the price if bought on the market. Your chinstraps and liners look fine they can be found in a variety of configurations. Hopefully some of the more experienced Civil helmet collectors will come along. timothy

?

The acorn also looks off on the second luftschutz lid. Looks exactly like the repro decal I posted. Close-up pic would help.

The decal mentioned by our fellow members is bad, everything else on both helmets looks fine to me. Jim G.

Decal bad on the second one.
    chris

So you guys say that the decal on the second helmet is a repro but the one on the first helmet is fine? The first helmet is a original one but the second may be a fake helmet? I'm confuse hahaha but thank for the help!

The first one is good.
    The second one only the decal is bad.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    The first one is good.
    The second one only the decal is bad.
    chris
    Ah ok I get it

- - Updated - -

Quote by timothy View Post
    Well they don't look it from the pictures they came in that color I don't like the decal on second helmet there is no gap between the feathers this can be a indicator of a Repo decal not saying it is may just be the lighting and debris that has filled them in. Notice how your first one has a gap between the top feathers. Go over some time to German Helmet Wallahalla they have a thread on fake Luftschutz decals. Some of these were used after the war but these don't show signs of that. Look at the back skirt where the decal is and should be stamped in the metal RL 38/29 for example that is your maker the decal was required by NSDAP to keep distriubtors from price gouging. In other words a price sticker. The 8.00 RM is the price if bought on the market. Your chinstraps and liners look fine they can be found in a variety of configurations. Hopefully some of the more experienced Civil helmet collectors will come along. timothy
    Thank for your expertise!

You're welcome General I would Definetly take the first helmet with no problems If the price is right I bought one in not that good of shape for one hundred here while back I know some dealers get upward of three hundred or more but that is way to high. second one with the fake decal I would pass. These helmets are becomming quite collectible and the price will surely go up on them. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    You're welcome General I would Definetly take the first helmet with no problems If the price is right I bought one in not that good of shape for one hundred here while back I know some dealers get upward of three hundred or more but that is way to high. second one with the fake decal I would pass. These helmets are becomming quite collectible and the price will surely go up on them. timothy
    Ok thank again, I propose the seller to trade the first helmet for some old collection that I got that he want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast