Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz helmet

Article about: i am posting for 15 year old Nick Kumburis,he certainly has the knack for finding stuff. He will post the story later.......Comments and value appreciated.........Dave H

Default Luftschutz helmet

i am posting for 15 year old Nick Kumburis,he certainly has the knack for finding stuff. He will post the story later.......Comments and value appreciated.........Dave HLuftschutz  helmetLuftschutz  helmetLuftschutz  helmetLuftschutz  helmetLuftschutz  helmetLuftschutz  helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz  helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz helmet

Nice one!
    It seems like the helmet has been all over Belgium.

Regards

Ingrid, Thanks for your response,Nick is very happy with his find. I am kind of surprised that there were 50 + views and only your response????????????
    Dave H

Very nice indeed, i like it a lot.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thanks all who responded I would post the story behind it but I guess no one cares so whoever would like the story send me a PM and I would gladly share it with you. - Nick K

Quote by nkumburis View Post
    Thanks all who responded I would post the story behind it but I guess no one cares so whoever would like the story send me a PM and I would gladly share it with you. - Nick K
    My opinion, i think you shoud post the story, i would love to read it
    These type of souvenir helmets are very rare and very interesting to ear their story.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Well this was owned by what we think was a member of the 4th infantry division the family didnt know his division but they know it was picked up in Germany and then as the war came to a close he put every city and country he went to. - Nick K

Nick-
    Nice piece of history. Do not be disappointed that you received few comments. It is not unusual for a thread to have many views with few responses. I guess many folks want to learn but do not feel they have the expertise to comment.
    Thanks for posting what you know about the piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very interesting helmet. I would like to hear the story behind it. Such stories are becoming rarer each day as we lose more WW2 vets.

It also may be the 30th infantry division because they landed on normandy beach and northern france which are many of the cities on the helmet and they fought in the battle of Aachen. - Nick K