Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz helmet decal thoughts

Article about: Hello all! I saw the luftschutz decal test... looked at all the variants and this one doesn't look legit but the helmet looks late war mint. Is this a good decal?

?

Default Luftschutz helmet decal thoughts

Luftschutz helmet decal thoughtsLuftschutz helmet decal thoughtsHello all! I saw the luftschutz decal test... looked at all the variants and this one doesn't look legit but the helmet looks late war mint.
    Is this a good decal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz helmet decal thoughts  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz helmet decal thoughts
    P
    Many

Clicking the decal does not make it much larger , does not look authentic to me. Bigger photos will confirm.

?

Luftschutz helmet decal thoughtsThat is the only picture I have until I get it.

Repro decal and repainted shell, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thank you Steve. I think the blue color is right but it it very very mint. . I appreciate the help

Much beter this photo. The decal is really bad , lacks crucial details and the lacquer border is too much.
    The paint I fear is no good either.

This is not a "Well balanced helmet". First thing I noticed.
    Well worn & possibly abused liner (not sure it's German)..missing strap, odd color paint & new decal. One can see somebody painted it up to the liner edges. Looks like it was painted with a can of spray paint. Decal is lacking in detail (acorns especially).
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz helmet decal thoughts  

?

The decal is bad and it looks like a stick on paper label inside. I'd question the whole thing.

Wow these original helmets are so cheap,cant imagine someone faking one but they evidently did.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Wow these original helmets are so cheap,cant imagine someone faking one but they evidently did.
    Only to trick those that are completely unfamiliar with the hobby. It's like those Chinese made German helmets , also fakes but really easy except for those that never saw a real German WW2 helmet.