Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz helmet with no decal

Article about: Hi all, Came across this helmet and was hoping you could help me identify it a bit better. I realise its not in great condition but from what I can gather it's a Luftschutz helmet but has no

?

Default Luftschutz helmet with no decal

Hi all,

Came across this helmet and was hoping you could help me identify it a bit better.

I realise its not in great condition but from what I can gather it's a Luftschutz helmet but has no decal and I can't see any trace of any either. The markings are 'RL 2 - 38/28' which I've seen is for Paul Diener, Dresden. But does anyone know what the '157' (which appears to be much newer?) or the debossed '195' underneath signify?

I've attached pics in which you can see that the liner is virtually non existent and has 3 rivets/bolts. There is also a name 'Franz Arhens' scratched onto it also.

Can anyone tell me which type of Luftschutz this is and help me date it? Who possibly could've worn it? etc. etc.

Any and all help is appreciated, really not my area of interest or expertise.

Luftschutz helmet with no decalLuftschutz helmet with no decalLuftschutz helmet with no decalLuftschutz helmet with no decalLuftschutz helmet with no decalLuftschutz helmet with no decalLuftschutz helmet with no decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz helmet with no decal
    P
    Many

It's a Lufty Gladiator without decal , and could have been a "Home Guard" or Volksturm issue

Quote by humble collector View Post
    It's a Lufty Gladiator without decal , and could have been a "Home Guard" or Volksturm issue
    Are you sure? The colour looks similar to the Bulgarian re-issued type?

BlackCat is right
    It seem Bulgarian reissued
    If it would be Volkssturm it have to be Black and not green
    The homeguards weared M34 and Himmler Style helmets
    This gladis were used only for Luftschutz and Fire brigade

Quite possible on the Bulgarian issue. No Bulgarian side crest shield, but the color can lean towards it. However, these helmets were issued to auxiliary forces etc... in great numbers