Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz helmet skirt marking

Article about: hi all,,i have had this helmet for many years,,,can anyone id the odd skirt marking?...is it a factory property marking or what?,,,,thanks is advance for all replies,,,Robert

Default Luftschutz helmet skirt marking

hi all,,i have had this helmet for many years,,,can anyone id the odd skirt marking?...is it a factory property marking or what?,,,,thanks is advance for all replies,,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz helmet skirt marking   Luftschutz helmet skirt marking  

Luftschutz helmet skirt marking  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz helmet skirt marking
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz helmet skirt marking

I suspect that it was a factory guard helmet. I do not know which factory had the initials HF but I would guess that it would be fairly easy to research. I bought a no decal one piece luftschutz with the late war clothe type liner and plastic chinstrap in a small junk shop in North Carolina about 20 years ago, and it had in red paint on the skirt "BMW", for $5.00! The red paint had been on the piece FOREVER and I think that mine was also a factory guard helmet. If you do find a factory with those initials, please let us know. Anyway, just my 2 cents on the meaning of the mark, which if my wife is to be believed, are probably not worth a penny. Jim G.

my best guess might be the Heinkel Factory,,,

CMc
    ?

'Heinkel Flugzeugwerke' is a possibility, although I'm not sure if they would have used that logo.

Could this one be BMW?
    Took a few goes to get the pictures acceptable!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-04-2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Could this one be BMW?
    Took a few goes to get the pictures acceptable!
    I am having trouble downloading pictures of my helmet. When I succeed, if think you will be amazed - same inscription, "BMW 2", same red paint, same bad penmanship. Now I am sure that these are BMW factory guard helmets. If you are at all willing, I would love to buy yours. I really like having double examples of odd ball pieces. I will keep trying to load the pics of mine. Cheers, Jim G.

Here it is! Same author of the inscription if you ask me! Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz helmet skirt marking  

?

Whatever it stands for Robert, its a lovely looking helmet, ive been looking for a nice one for a while but havent got round to it yet, ill have to get my finger out.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Here it is! Same author of the inscription if you ask me! Cheers, Jim G.
    G'day Jim,
    Amazing to see it's brother, I figured I should show the rest of it here.And definitely by the same hand!WOW
    I'll be keeping it for now but eventually I'll be selling my entire collection, way way up the track though
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-05-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added text