Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Lid for Review

Article about: Hello to all, does this lid look correct? The maker's #s are Paul Diener of Dresden, I think. The yellow material under fingers has padding in it. The grey or brown under the lid is light re

?

Default Luftschutz Lid for Review

Hello to all, does this lid look correct? The maker's #s are Paul Diener of Dresden, I think. The yellow material under fingers has padding in it. The grey or brown under the lid is light reflection or something else as it is all blue underneath.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Lid for Review   Luftschutz Lid for Review  

Luftschutz Lid for Review   Luftschutz Lid for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Lid for Review
    P
    Many

?

Looks legitimate from here....a very decent "two piece" Gladiator helmet.
    Regards,
    John

shell is authentic, very clean shell, luftshutz helmets came with so many different liners, I would rather have another gent comment chin strap and liner
    GP

MAP
    ?

Do you have it in hand? It looks good and hopefully it's just the photo and my eyes. Photo #4 where you see the paint chip. Right above that the helmet looks like its got banged up a bit but it looks like the damage is under the paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

@ map, yes in hand, I can feel the spot, but cant tell what it is. Could it be rust coming through the paint?

MAP
    ?

It's weird. Almost looks like Bondo (or however you spell that auto repair paste) that was then painted over. Or maybe rust underneath that is causing the paint to bubble. But I trust John's judgment.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    It's weird. Almost looks like Bondo (or however you spell that auto repair paste) that was then painted over. Or maybe rust underneath that is causing the paint to bubble. But I trust John's judgment.
    I just edited my post about rust, have a 06 Jeep wrangler I bought new, but now rust is coming through the front fenders, the spots are like whats on the helmet.

Hi, if it is rust coming through to the paint, the paint on top of that spot would be extremely brittle. I think it was incorrectly restored and ,or, was painted over the rust. It presents nicely though. And interior looks good to me, good decal and markings, common practice of ''padding" this type helmet, must have been thought of as uncomfortable to wear with the thin, flimsy liner.