Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftschutz with screen vents pick up today

Article about: Picked this up today Luftschutz helmet with screen vents can anyone tell me what model it is and liner info? Thanks in advance..... Eric

Default re: Luftschutz with screen vents pick up today

Luftschutz with screen vents pick up todayEric You got a leightweight m16 Austrian style parade helmet used in luftschutz only came in size 66.The liner in yours is the correct one.

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz with screen vents pick up today
    P
    Many

I am not that great on helmets Chris would that make it a transitional or not? And thanks for the reply my friend.

Eric

Eric-I'm pullin for you, hopin' it's the real deal!

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Eric-I'm pullin for you, hopin' it's the real deal!
    Have no doubt it's real deal just want to know what 'flavor' it is Jay and thanks for the reply my friend.

Eric

?

I dont think its transitional, The vent lugs were removed for the sole purpose of fitting the mesh lugs on various helmets, prior to that, if im reading it correctly from my references, the civic style helmets had the "salt" shaker style vents, either one or two, i assume that by adding the mesh it saved on production costs by converting existing helmets with the large face plate lugs,Chris could be right about Austrian style, yours appears to have the correct offset liner ring pins, any chance of showing a full on picture of the entire side of the whole helmet, most of yours are angle shots

The Luftschutz helmet that started this thread is just a commercial lid. It appears to be light weight gauge, not combat weight steel, and not one that would be classified as a Transitional helmet. These were made in both light weight and combat weight gauges, with screen vents, and fitted with a variety of civil/commercial style liners. It is definitely 100% correct, and I like it very much. I have an RLB helmet that has the same shell style - they would look good side by side on the shelf. The Luftschutz with the swastika on the left side is what is known as a "Himmler" helmet, and I love that one as well. I would really like to own either, or both (!), of them. Chris, the Postschutz helmet that you posted from the dealer's site to show the shell type is, in my opinion, a fake - good shell, but the decal is bad. Eric, if you ever decide to part with the L/S, drop me a PM. Cheers, Jim G.

Yes Jim the postchutz decals 100% fake.

Chris

?

I agree with Jim, lightweight interwar commercial helmet.
    Cheers
    Doug

Here you are Dave hope these are better. I want to thank everyone for the help and shareing your knowledge thanks again all.

Eric

Luftschutz with screen vents pick up todayLuftschutz with screen vents pick up today

Default Re: Luftschutz with screen vents pick up today

Eric this is the one I told you about.
    Still working on the deal.
    What do you think.
    Chris
    Luftschutz with screen vents pick up today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz with screen vents pick up today  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast