MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?

Article about: Hi, all. I saw this Luftschutz helmet for sale recently (\\$200 USD) and was wondering what people thought. From what I can tell, I think the helmet and decal are original but I am not sure ab

Question Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?

Hi, all. I saw this Luftschutz helmet for sale recently ($200 USD) and was wondering what people thought. From what I can tell, I think the helmet and decal are original but I am not sure about the liner/chin strap as it looks so new I think it could be a reproduction. Any thoughts on this and whether or not it's a good buy would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?  Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?  Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?  Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?  Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?  Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz Three-Piece Helmet: Original? Repro Liner?

very unusually mint Luftschutz helmet.i have never heard of them doing repros of them.i would wait for other opinions?

Humm very suspicious its all new, if you want search for luftschutz helmet on the forum there is one posto of mine with fotos you can compare it if you want.
    Think the liner and chinstrap no good but wait for more knowledge folks.

Totally original.

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

look after this one its just to good , i mean it its just beutiful , cheers ian

IMA sells repo Luftshutz helmets kinda odd but i guess people like them!German M-1938 Luftschutz Helmet w/Decal: WW2 - International Military Antiques here is a link for them!

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    very unusually mint Luftschutz helmet.i have never heard of them doing repros of them.i would wait for other opinions?
    ps luftskutz helmets must have gotten much use when germany was being bombed ,i cant imagine one not being in an obviously used conditiion.just noticed the duke and his link and it appears they do indeed make lufskutze repros,thats a first on me.another area to watch for fakes now.i have two ,one is a well battered and bruised one with a battered decal /lovely

?

I have seen alot of these in different conditions. I dont think I have ever seen a liner that looked that good in one but it reminded me of real ww2 liners that were left over from factories that dealers will buy and put in helmets with no liners. I have 3 helmets with such liners and I dont have a problem with it. Sharp decal though, looks good!