Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet

Article about: Hi Forum I have just got this Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet, at last I got one with part of the Luftshutz logo,and it has stamp: The stamp is RL2-38/31 Maury & Co., Offenbac

Default Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet

Hi Forum
    I have just got this Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet, at last I got one with part of the Luftshutz logo,and it has stamp: The stamp is RL2-38/31 Maury & Co., Offenbach

Do some have more info about helmet
    Regards
    John

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet   Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet  

Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet   Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet  

Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Two pieces M44 Gladiator Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Looks repainted to me. I dont think thatd bode well for the decal either.

For sure it is not repainted, and the decal is allright, how can you tell that the decel is fake ?

?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    For sure it is not repainted, and the decal is allright, how can you tell that the decel is fake ?
    I didnt say that the decal is fake. The helmet looks repainted to me because you can clearly see where the brush went along on the inside. And on the inside is also where a sticker would have been that said things like the size and some other stuff i cant remember. But if you got this from the same man as the nva cap then i think that'd already say it. But wait for someone with more knowledge than me. Im just going based off of what ive never seen before in these helmets.

I could have been repainted during war, we will never knos, but it is not paint but small schtraches you can see. About the small sticker with size etc they are often missing, I have a real one piece luftschutz helmet without the sticker

?

They could be scratches, yes. Lets just wait for someome with some more knowledge to come along.

Yes it is a 3 pieces. I was wrong about 2 pieces

?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Yes it is a 3 pieces. I was wrong about 2 pieces
    I edited it out of my comment because im not sure about that either haha. But i have seen examples where that seam on the outside was not there. Thats what made me think 3 piece.

John, please post a close up of the decal. To me it looks like the area below the banner and above the swastika is part of the decal. If so it definitely is a repro. Also, it definitely has beem repainted, and I am not a fan of the liner. If you just bought this one I would suggest you try to return it and look for a better untouched example. These are relatively common and not that expensive. Just my 2 cents. Jim G.

As Jim g says its been repainted and decal is a repo imho,also the liner is post war, I own a few of these helmets and could tell at first glance so I suggest returning this one and find one that's not been mess with