Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone How likely would this have happened. The helmet looks to be a Luftschutz helmet repainted and turned into a SA use helmet. Thanks for your opinions.

?

Default Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?

Hello everyone
    How likely would this have happened. The helmet looks to be a Luftschutz helmet repainted and turned into a SA use helmet.
    Thanks for your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?   Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?  

Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?   Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lufttschutz to an SA helmet?
    P
    Many

Looks like a good one but you have to show straight on macro pictures of the decals to be sure. From what I see, however, the paint looks right and the Adler does as well. Looking forward to bEtter pictures, but I think you have a winner. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 06-25-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Hi, personally I could not say from these images, I would need good close ups, but if Jim is confident then I think you more than likely do have a great and scarce SA variant. Better images are a must though for me to be sure. Leon.

Still waiting for the better photos!!!!

?

I would love to give you more photos but the guy pulled the listing from the local ads and now has it listed on ebay it is a little over $600.00. Like they say "A day late and a dollar short". He had it a the local flea market and would have taken $150.00. Where am I when this happens.

Quote by Marvin View Post
    I would love to give you more photos but the guy pulled the listing from the local ads and now has it listed on ebay it is a little over $600.00. Like they say "A day late and a dollar short". He had it a the local flea market and would have taken $150.00. Where am I when this happens.
    Perhaps he is a lurker hereabouts and now has reassessed the item. Looks ok to me as well, but $600 for just the shell? I don't know if that is a reasonable price, but then again SA equipment is not my thing (unless I get given some)!

BUMMER! At $150 it was a steal! At $600, you can buy a ratty no decal L/S and cannibalize the line to complete the SA and you will have a nice display piece for half the price of an original untouched piece - but it will be touched. Too bad you didn't pull the trigger sooner. Jim G.