Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Luftwaffe Camo helmet for opinions...

Article about: Hi all. I'm looking for serious opinions about this Luftwaffe camo helmet. Everything I see looks really good, but I've personally only handled a few of these. The eagle decal is still very

?

Default Luftwaffe Camo helmet for opinions...

Hi all.

I'm looking for serious opinions about this Luftwaffe camo helmet. Everything I see looks really good, but I've personally only handled a few of these. The eagle decal is still very faint but visible. Let me know what you guys think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	1005902

Name:	helmet3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	1005900

Name:	helmet2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	1005901

Name:	helmet4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	1005899

Name:	helmet5.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	1005898

Name:	helmet6.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	1005897

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You can ask 10 people and get 10 different opinions on a camo helmet. I have a number but always get them check out first as well....

oh....that's right your looking for an opinion. LoL.

I'm liking what I see. IMHO I think it is good.

But I always like to have it in hand to be sure.

Are the split pins un messed with?
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, I personally would like this one in hand to view as I really like so much of what i see, there is however the slight "niggle" in my mind that several of the chips/scrapes appear to be in pairs running at the same angles? I would not commit totally one way or the other at the moment and ask the seller for some really good close up images of the paint work as I am guessing that it is not cheap! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

It looks as if the paint goes behind the rivet heads, this should not be the case as it would indicate the helmet was painted whilst disassembled. I would like to see closeups of the rivet head areas.

I can not put my finger on it but something does not look or feel right about this one. I do like the looks but. This is one to have in hand.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thanks guys. As MAP said in his early comment, 10 people will have 10 different opinions when it comes to camo helmets, which is what I anticipated when posting this. The photos aren't the greatest either, but they're all I have to work with. I anticipate getting the helmet in hand for inspection next week and will post more photos.

As Glenn pointed out, I too would be happier if there was some buildup ( even a little 'clotting' ) of paint around the rivet heads .....
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

its the same color as the fake para helmet a few days ago.

?

Wow Harry, that's quite a leap. Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation about this specific helmet, or just that it is the same color as a helmet I posted several days ago, which is owned by a completely different person in a completely different US state than this one?