Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe DD

Article about: Hi Guys, picked this up last week. Bought it online on a sort off local e-bay site here. Price was more then right so I drove a long while to inspect and pick it up personally. Some conditio

Default Luftwaffe DD

Hi Guys,

picked this up last week. Bought it online on a sort off local e-bay site here. Price was more then right so I drove a long while to inspect and pick it up personally. Some condition issues. M40 liner ring inside the M35, but I see no problems with the rivets and know that it is not unheard of. But it is my first luftwaffe helmet. Hope you guys like it, dispite it not being in perfect shape.. Let me know

Luftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe DD
    P
    Many

The exterior is rough but the paint and decals are correct. On my I-phone it looks like the liner band is a reinforced aluminum band with rounded steel chin strap bales, not common but seen occasionally. It is hard to evaluate the liner and chin strap but if the price was right it isn't a bad helmet. The exterior has that been there look and will display well. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

I will always defer to Jim, but a question. Is that tan paint? Is it over or under the Luft blue?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I will always defer to Jim, but a question. Is that tan paint? Is it over or under the Luft blue?
    I noticed that to Michael? Hard for me to see, but like Jim I like the helmet as being all correct and period either way, but some close-up images of the "tan" area would be good to see. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I noticed that to Michael? Hard for me to see, but like Jim I like the helmet as being all correct and period either way, but some close-up images of the "tan" area would be good to see. Leon.
    Thanks! If the Tan is "under" what appears to be the "factory" Luft blue, ....Might be fine but...it does raise questions IMHO.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I cannot make a picture at the moment. but it is not tan. It is rusty where the blue is damaged

MAP
    ?

Thanks. An odd color rust. Interesting how the "stacking ring" rust is a different color.

Not disputing that you say that it's rust, just wondering about the anomalies...Always difficult to really capture what's going on with just pictures.

It was difficult to capture the rust on picture .I did my best. hope the pics are helpfull . Also a picture of the national decal which I did not upload in the first post.

Luftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DDLuftwaffe DD

MAP
    ?

Much better. All good!!