Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet

Article about: Here is one I haven't encountered often, an aluminum parade helmet in what I call the "Rommel" style shell. It is a double decal Luftwaffe example with an early straight leg droopt

Default Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet

Here is one I haven't encountered often, an aluminum parade helmet in what I call the "Rommel" style shell. It is a double decal Luftwaffe example with an early straight leg drooptail Adler. The decals are in very good shape, especially the tri color. The civic style liner and cheaply made carbine clip chin strap assembly are cherry, and the blue grey paint is better than 95%. The whole helmet seems to weigh about 1 - 1 1/2 pounds at most, certainly not intended for the front. These are truly ugly helmets, and poorly made. For instance, all five liner rivets are about 3/4" off set to the right, and check out the top shot (the last picture) that illustrates the lack of symmetry of the piece. Lately I have been picking up quite a few non combat pieces, not by really design, just because they are what I have come across, and this one became available at a very reasonable price, so here it is. I have wanted one of these for a long time, and wouldn't you know it, shortly after I landed this one I found a Heer example, not in as good shape as this one but a nice bookend to it. It is on hold and when I scrape up the cash I will post it as well. Anyway, time to do some snow removal so I will stop babbling. Hope you like this one, I do. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet   Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet  

Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet   Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet  

Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet   Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet  

Last edited by helmet2id; 01-24-2015 at 06:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet
    P
    Many

Hello Jim, I love the decals on this one and the finish is not half bad either! I see what you mean about the poor construction quality, looks as though "fat man" Goring himself may have sat on each of these to create such wonderful curves!! Well done on another scarce helmet. Leon.

?

As I said elsewhere - Wow, very cool! I've never seen one up close or held one in hand, but your description, along with images, puts these helmets in perspective. Congratulations and thanks for sharing Jim!
    Regards,
    John

?

Interesting one Jim, and condition is superb. Why is called a "Rommel" type shell? Was this from the pusher?

[QUOTE=DougB;1367685]Interesting one Jim, and condition is superb. Why is called a "Rommel" type shell? Was this from the pusher?

Hi Doug, I call it a "Rommel" shell because I have seen a number of photos of Rommel, at parades, and on the West Wall during inspections, wearing this style light weight helmet (with Heer decals of course). I don't know if anyone else refers to these as such. This is not from the "Pusher", I picked this one up last year. The Heer on reserve is from the pusher however. I will pick it up in a few months when the cash flow improves. Best regards, Jim G.

MAP
    ?

My knowledge expands every time I log on to this forum. Not only have I never seen one of these, I've never heard of one either.

Thanks for showing.

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice and unusual helmet. I have never seen one of these and knew nothing about them. Thanks for showing.

Very nice! I do like those early birds. Thanks for the post.
    Steve

Hello Jim G,

Thats great,but so much for the usual German efficiency and engineering!
    Do you happen to know whether this and the Heer one you have on the way are from the same maker, or were these things just ordered from a local metal working shop?

Thanks

nice find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast