Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Luftwaffe field division types of helmets

Article about: I prefer to have a LW helmet for a feld uniform, I bought last week a nice blue LW42 for this purpose.

Default Luftwaffe field division types of helmets

Good evening all i have a question because its noit clear to my.
    Did the luftwaffe fielddivisions and the flak units use the fieldgrey helmets like the heer troops i have seen some pictures it looks like but because the pics are black and white i am not sure thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I know the field divisions certainly wore grey/blue (field blue) uniforms in the early days so i would imagine they wore matching helmets!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Easier to repaint helmets than do anything in a hurry about the unsuitable clothing though, especially as the lid is generally the thing you see first-you often see improvised camo/toning down on German helmets used in the field as the war wears on.

Real fieldgrey helmets with Lw eagle are very scare . Take care as often blue grey helmets when getting old look green (blue + yellow tone from the ageing = green)

A deep blue double decal on the M35's, more of a grey-blue single decal with the M40 regs, and at the end of the war everyone has the same grey no decal lid. Occasionally you find a luftwaffe grey-blue M40 with no decal but not often, and only certain manufacturers.

Flak troops sometimes painted their helmets black.

for info , I had a minty fieldgrey Luftwaffe SD M40 and still own this Sd M40 ex wired sawdust camo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lw bet 3 tons1.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	649271

I have this lufty shell ( see the faint eagle ) that has a strange green to it - I am unsure whether this was a field division over-paint or a colour shift that francis006 was referring to ........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	july4-1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	649272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	july4-2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	649273  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	july4.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	649274  
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

I'd say that was an overpaint Dan.

They seem to vary from almost black to blue but I have one Q that is almost green. These are all Luftwaffe and I think it should be easy to spot the Q I'm referring to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	329.5 KB 
ID:	649456  

thanks all i think i can use a feldgrau helmet for a luftwaffe display because i see all sorts of color variations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast