Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe field division types of helmets

Article about: I prefer to have a LW helmet for a feld uniform, I bought last week a nice blue LW42 for this purpose.

Default Luftwaffe field division types of helmets

Good evening all i have a question because its noit clear to my.
    Did the luftwaffe fielddivisions and the flak units use the fieldgrey helmets like the heer troops i have seen some pictures it looks like but because the pics are black and white i am not sure thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe field division types of helmets
    P
    Many

I know the field divisions certainly wore grey/blue (field blue) uniforms in the early days so i would imagine they wore matching helmets!...

Easier to repaint helmets than do anything in a hurry about the unsuitable clothing though, especially as the lid is generally the thing you see first-you often see improvised camo/toning down on German helmets used in the field as the war wears on.

Real fieldgrey helmets with Lw eagle are very scare . Take care as often blue grey helmets when getting old look green (blue + yellow tone from the ageing = green)

A deep blue double decal on the M35's, more of a grey-blue single decal with the M40 regs, and at the end of the war everyone has the same grey no decal lid. Occasionally you find a luftwaffe grey-blue M40 with no decal but not often, and only certain manufacturers.

Flak troops sometimes painted their helmets black.

for info , I had a minty fieldgrey Luftwaffe SD M40 and still own this Sd M40 ex wired sawdust camo

I have this lufty shell ( see the faint eagle ) that has a strange green to it - I am unsure whether this was a field division over-paint or a colour shift that francis006 was referring to ........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe field division types of helmets   Luftwaffe field division types of helmets  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'd say that was an overpaint Dan.

They seem to vary from almost black to blue but I have one Q that is almost green. These are all Luftwaffe and I think it should be easy to spot the Q I'm referring to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe field division types of helmets  

thanks all i think i can use a feldgrau helmet for a luftwaffe display because i see all sorts of color variations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast