Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe With hard history

Article about: This helmet was mailed by my father (hence the 44 ID) to my grandfather filled with limberger cheese. The helmet was in unissued condition but suffered from the hard play of 4 sons groiwng u

Default Luftwaffe With hard history

This helmet was mailed by my father (hence the 44 ID) to my grandfather filled with limberger cheese. The helmet was in unissued condition but suffered from the hard play of 4 sons groiwng up in the fifties and sixties. Best KeithLuftwaffe With hard history

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe With hard history
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe With hard history

Hi Keith, not sure if I have welcomed you yet but welcome to the forum anyway!

Looks like a nice M42, thanks for posting. Could we see the liner, factory stamp, and lot number? Are there any other markings?

Default Re: Luftwaffe With hard history

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi Keith, not sure if I have welcomed you yet but welcome to the forum anyway!

Looks like a nice M42, thanks for posting. Could we see the liner, factory stamp, and lot number? Are there any other markings?
    Thank you for the welcome. What a great forum! Sadly, I found it outside dads shop after he passed away in 1999. It was upside down, full of rainwater, liner missing. The ravages of time, yes, but primarily the abuses of 4 sons playing army 4-5 decades ago. When he came home, he had no interest in things he acquired. I recall a sword fight with SS daggers, while wearing an Iron Cross! All lost along the way..even an MP38 or 40, I don't remember. Best-Keith