Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Helmet.

Article about: Hello all, I am being offered a couple helmets, one being a luftwaffe helmet. Sadly the seller has no photos of it, but he did give me a description of the helmet to the best of his ability.

?

Default Luftwaffe Helmet.

Hello all,

I am being offered a couple helmets, one being a luftwaffe helmet. Sadly the seller has no photos of it, but he did give me a description of the helmet to the best of his ability. Here is his description.

"The leather liner is still present, but dry, and the tin or aluminum band which holds the liner is still attached. On the left inside skirt is a number, appears to be a stamp saying B162 (though it might be E162, hard to make out.) On the inside skirt at the rear of the helmet is the number 602, also stamped.There may be more writing behind the liner, but I have never disturbed the liner and probably shouldn't start now.

All rivets present, no dents, original (now scratched a little) black finish. Helmet has two eyeholes, which I assume are gas-mask fittings."

I am hoping to get some advice on what to look for on the helmet as Im not sure if Ill have enough time with the helmets to post pictures before buying. I am looking at decals now so I have an idea of what to look for and am doing my own research, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Helmet.

You must see the items first- seems odd that there's no pics for you to preview.

Eye holes are most likely the vent lug holes.

If you smell leather from the liner it's way too new and most likely repro.
    Paint or chemical smells are also a bad sign.
    Decals on the Heer, Kreig, SS have metallic flecking but the modern repros are getting better at faking it.

The fine folks here can help you if only you had pics to post for them to review- proceed with caution & good luck!

?

You really have to ask the seller to make some pictures from the helmets...

?

Thanks for the info! He did send me pictures of other helmets but he told me that he does not have a way to take any digital pictures. Im not in a hurry to buy the helmets, as there will always be more opportunities in the future to buy.

?

Is there any way you can possibly preview the helmets in person and post images first or is it a long distance transaction.

Regards Mark K

?

I will be meeting with the seller in person this coming Friday, but he will only be in town for 3 hours or so. If I can I will post pictures but it is not a 100% for sure option.

?

Sorry, forgot to post the pictures I have.

----------

Edit: ignore post

The suspense is killing me

?

I will post pictures regardless of whether I buy it or not. Hoping to meet him somewhere with free wifi so I can upload the pictures quickly and try to get some opinions.

?

I will be meeting with the guy tomorrow to see the helmets he has. I will be bringing along my own luftwaffe helmet to help with comparison. As promised pics will be provided regardless of whether it comes home with me or not. Hopefully it will be a good one, fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast