Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: I would really like an M35 Luftwaffe with a good decal, complete liner, and chin strap. What would I have to pay?

I would really like an M35 Luftwaffe with a good decal, complete liner, and chin strap. What would I have to pay?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Single decal or double decal? First pattern eagle or second pattern?

Too many questions. I don't really know. I do know that there are single and double decal. But I do not know anything about first or second pattern. What would the price range be for the least expensive to the most. No, forget the most that is out of the question.

Where could I see a first & second pattern? I am assuming decal?

I did see a double decal, M35 on Craigslist in St. Louis for $875.

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Too many questions. I don't really know. I do know that there are single and double decal. But I do not know anything about first or second pattern. What would the price range be for the least expensive to the most. No, forget the most that is out of the question.

Where could I see a first & second pattern? I am assuming decal?
    Single decal are cheapest , usually found on M40 and M42. Price range depends on overall condition and how much decal is still on it.
    Let's say a minter between 850-950 USD. A good one around 750-800 USD etc...

Double decalled helmets (with drooptail adler , some say first pattern) are more than double the above quoted prices.

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    I did see a double decal, M35 on Craigslist in St. Louis for $875.
    Be careful on CL. If you're not experienced with helmet buying you can end up with some total crap. You really need some knowledge to go about it on your own when you might be in a situation where you don't have the luxury of posting photos and waiting for replies before you have to make a buy-no buy decision.

First Pattern
    Luftwaffe Helmet

Second Pattern
    Luftwaffe Helmet

Hi , looks to be a decent original M42 single decal Luftwaffe helmet , but the decal looks in pretty poor condition and the asking price is way to much. I would leave this and wait for a better one. There are a couple of good M40 Luftwaffe helmets in our classified section on the forum. Leon.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Be careful on CL. If you're not experienced with helmet buying you can end up with some total crap. You really need some knowledge to go about it on your own when you might be in a situation where you don't have the luxury of posting photos and waiting for replies before you have to make a buy-no buy decision.

First Pattern
    Luftwaffe Helmet

Second Pattern
    Luftwaffe Helmet

Thanks Todd for the pictures and explanation. This is a huge help and very interesting.

William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2