Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated

Article about: WHY DO PEOPLE MESS UP HELMETS Looks like someone got happy witn a sharpe marker. Helmet is not worth 600. Offer 400. At the most or pass my opinion only. Marty

Default Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated

Hello,
    I have an opportunity to buy this Luft helmet for $600 USD.
    This is the only photo I have so far but I have asked the seller to email more.
    With the photo you have is there anything that jumps out at you guys as it being a fake or authentic?
    I know you will need more photos and when I get them I will add to the post.
    This is kind of outside of my area of collecting as I mostly collect US helmets.
    I would greatly appreciate your help.
    Also, what should I look for to tell if it is authentic when I see it in person?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated
    P
    Many

He also has these other items for sale.
    He wants $600 for the helmet $2250 for the SA coat and $1000 each for the daggers.
    The SS dagger was sold.
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated 

Hard to base an opinion on a single poor photograph, but if pushed I could doubt the decal.

If you have chance for a hands on, learn how to tell good decals from bad, also look for signs of post war repainting, such as paint in pitting and also learn what a real liner should look like.

Best to post the other items in their own threads in the correct forums if you want opinions on them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you
    Not really looking for opinions on the other items.
    Just posted them to show that he had other German items.
    Also thought people might want to see them.
    I am trying to get better pics and if I can I will post them.

Hi Anton , I really would not like to say one way or the other about this decal from that photograph. If you look at the "pinned"(sub section) in this helmet section you will find a thread on genuine Luftwaffe decals. Give it a look and examine the close up traits of good ones then when you look at this one in hand you will stand a good chance of spotting if it is fake. Leon.

Here is another photo of the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  

Hi , the liner is a good original and looks like it is the original to the helmet. Keep us updated!! Leon.

OK here are more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated   Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  

Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated   Luftwaffe Helmet - Any Help would be appreciated  

Looks like a good eagle but with a hand painted border, which kinda ruins it for me to be honest. The colour of the eagle is toned nicely so it's a bit of a shame.

?

Real enough but the border like Andy says looks messed with. I'd pass if that's the case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast