Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe helmet decal question

Article about: by Panzer 3 Hi, you may be right about double, either way i would buy it it,s a very nice helmet. dave, Thanks Dave!

Default Luftwaffe helmet decal question

Hello Gentlemen,

I was browsing the web and found a Luftwaffe helmet with, if I'm correct, this 2nd Pattern Eagle. I've just recently begun researching helmets so I was hoping you could give me your opinion of it. This eagle doesn't match all the others I've look at in that, it appears to have an extra one line along the top of the wings. I've added arrows to indicate it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet decal question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet decal question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe helmet decal question

Do you know the maker of the helmet? Ken. N.'s book is a must for helmet research. Great photos!

P.S. It is a second pattern decal. Shows promise of being a good decal. Textured paint certainly looks good.

I can't decide on this one. You do get legitimate print errors sometimes though.

I would say that for whatever reason, 2 decals were applied, one on top of the other.

Maybe the first application flaw was SO bad they just couldnt stand it and threw another one over it, lol.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Do you know the maker of the helmet? Ken. N.'s book is a must for helmet research. Great photos!
    Hello,

Thanks for the book suggestion! The maker stamp is HKP64. The other number stamped in it is 1083.

BR,
    James

?

Looks like 2 decals, RoyA has one with 2 decals and it looks like one bird is riding the other LOL

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I would say that for whatever reason, 2 decals were applied, one on top of the other.
    I would tend to agree with MO , it does look like a double decal application unless its a misprint on the decal, but looking at the rear tail feather there is a definate irregular shape that seems higher than the top decal

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast