Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe helmet decal question

Article about: Hi All. As I havnt seen one like this before I was just wanting opinions on this gold Luftwaffe decal in regards to it being authentic or fake please? Many thanks in advance.

Default Luftwaffe helmet decal question

Hi All. As I havnt seen one like this before I was just wanting opinions on this gold Luftwaffe decal in regards to it being authentic or fake please?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet decal question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet decal question
    P
    Many

no pressies under that tree!

Its the impossibly rare kriegsmarine gold sea eagle used by the floatplane pilots!!!.
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe helmet decal question 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Not even slightly deceiving.

Bad to the beak! Not one you want. Leon.

Thanks for all the replys.
    A certain German Helmet Info website states that in regards to Luftwaffe decals... "Gold versions also existed initially for technical tradesmen and high ranking officers"...
    Is there any truth to this statement?
    Regards

?

Then, "initially" could very well mean early and your M40 posted above wouldn't be the helmet they would have been on, more likely an M35.. But, that's just me trying to decipher what you read.... I have no clue if these even existed.... I personally do not like the "printing" of the bird as is... But would need a close up shot to say yay or nay. Others here are more accurate with even the crappiest picture..... Best I can provide for you....

Actually, the eagle looks okay to me. There are examples of subdued green Luftwaffe decals.
    Here is a photo courtesy of the data base on GHW II.
    I would wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.

Luftwaffe helmet decal question
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As Ralph says and shows, the Huber Jordan company made subdued decals in a green colour ( which can shift to a goldish hue in uv exposure / age) but this decal has been applied over the grey paint - which to me shows no age. What does the whole ensemble look like?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Its a tidy M40 shell. Heres another photo..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet decal question  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast