Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe helmet double decal

Article about: Hello guys, I picked this helmet up today with a few other items. Not knowing too much about helmets and this being my first combat helmet, I hope I did okay. I believe it is a 35. It is a D

?

Default Luftwaffe helmet double decal

Hello guys,

I picked this helmet up today with a few other items. Not knowing too much about helmets and this being my first combat helmet, I hope I did okay. I believe it is a 35. It is a DD, with not too much of the eagle remaining. It is stamped 3771, ET62 and named to Lauer or Laver. The strap may have been replaced, the wear is not like the liner.

These are iPad pics so I can't do any better until I get back home in a week or two.

So what can you tell me about it and did I do okay in my pickup?

Hummel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet double decal   Luftwaffe helmet double decal  

Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe helmet double decal 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet double decal
    P
    Many

You're right! M35 double decal, first pattern decal and the chin strap has been replaced.

?

Thanks for the confermation Ninelives. I guess I have picked up some helmet knowledge over the years.

Hummel

Agree with 9lives on all counts - with wear like that the original strap would have been fairly worn ( or broken / missing ) and someone has added a copy to it.
    Loose the strap and you have a nice salty M35 DD ( not common either for a name to be on the front )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Congrats on the find. ROLL TIDE!!!!!
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Nice Lufty pick up.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Well done Hummel, a nice early "droop tail" decal Luftwaffe helmet. Looking at the overall condition, I would suggest that this may have been scrubbed back or simply over cleaned at some point. Still a nice lid though. Leon.

Yes Phil, that is one of my peoples.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thank you all for your comments.

Hummel