Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe helmet opinion

Article about: Hi there gents, what do You think about this one. It cost me 100 euros. Annoyed from this ads?   Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Luftwaffe helmet opinion

Hi there gents, what do You think about this one. It cost me 100 euros.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe helmet opinion   Luftwaffe helmet opinion  

Luftwaffe helmet opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe helmet opinion
    P
    Many

Hi Jan, I am not keen on the "cammo", even from what little I can see from these images it looks as though the edges/rim of the helmet is well worn yet there is no major wear to the crown or sides?? I cannot see enough detail to make a call on the decal but I suspect that may also be a fake that is disguised by the "cammo". All that being said, it is an original M40 with a liner so price wise I think you have done alright anyway!! Leon.

Jan
    ?

Good points there Fallshirmjager, thank You so much for the opinion.

Best,

Jan

Sorry jan. Leon's spot on with this one. The camo and decal are not period. But at least you have a good lid and liner

velimatti
    ?

Hi. My Name is Veli Matti Häkkinen and I have this helmet. My father found it about 35 years a go from old garage in Lieksa, small town east Finland, where was small Luftwaffe soldier group from 1942 to 1944.
    I am very sure that this helmet is not fake but I don't know how to prove it ...

I found mark "R614" back inside that helmet, do you know what that means?

Here is couple more pictures ... if you like to see more, better pictures, please ask by email velimatti.hakkinen at pp.inet.fi ...

Luftwaffe helmet opinionLuftwaffe helmet opinion

Jan
    ?

We called off the deal, I was completely sure this was an original, thanks for the advice and thank You Veli Matti (and welcome to the Forum)!

Best,

Jan

MAP
    ?

Is this the same helmet? Colors look much different. It looks more like rust than a camo paint.

Veli: R614 is the Lot #. There should also be a marking on the helmet near the chin strap with the maker code and size (i.e. NS64, ET66, Q64, EF....SE...)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's the same helmet, just look at the decal --- that said, all I see is an accumulation of surface rust and poor lighting (in the OP pics)... no camo.

MAP
    ?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    It's the same helmet, just look at the decal --- that said, all I see is an accumulation of surface rust and poor lighting (in the OP pics)... no camo.
    :-) My point exactly. My attempt at humor didn't work. Yes knew it was the same helmet. And agree 100% it's rust and not camo!

So except for the decal (which I can't opine on) it looks good to me.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)