Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake

Article about: Hi All, I bought a Luftwaffe Helmet at a militaria fair recently. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a guide on checking the authenticity of helmets and whether this one is real/

?

Default Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake

Hi All,

I bought a Luftwaffe Helmet at a militaria fair recently. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a guide on checking the authenticity of helmets and whether this one is real/fake? It has a decal on each side, the number 730 etched (I think) next to a hand-drawn swastika at the underside of the back and the reference Q64 at the left underside. What model is this?

Thanks,

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake   Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake  

Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake   Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake  

Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake   Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet Real/Fake
    P
    Many

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum. I am sorry to say that in my opinion the adler(drooptail)decal on this one is a fake. I think this is a genuine M35 model helmet(but it may be an M40, difficult to be sure with these images). The liner looks like a good 1940 re-fit and the chinstrap also looks good, but the "drooptail" decal really looks poor. You can also see an area of "rubbing/sanding" around the adler where the original decal was but was removed and replaced with this one. Leon.

Both decals look aged IMO. The droop tail being the most poorly done. Looks like an M35

Need clearer pictures I'm afraid.

Real shame about that decal, looks like a decent helmet other wise. Did the dealer give you any kind of guarantee?

Decals look like aged reproductions.

helmet good badge bad.

fake

- - ------- - -

fake