Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet

Article about: Is this helmet good? It cost \\$485, ( even though it may be high in price) Here is the sellers description: Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet. The helmet shell is marked "NS64" and f

Default Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet

Is this helmet good? It cost $485, ( even though it may be high in price)

Here is the sellers description:

Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet. The helmet shell is marked "NS64" and features a semi-rough dark blue-gray painted finish of which approx. 95% remains. the left side of the helmet features a Luftwaffe second pattern eagle decal. The decal is approx. 93% and shows moderate wear with heavy crazing. The painted finish has what looks like a very light, even coating of wax applied to it. The helmet is complete with it original leather liner and chinstrap. The liner is solid, with some moderate wear and abrasions, with one broken finger. The three split rivets are original to the helmet, and have not been tampered with. The chinstrap is solid with moderate wear from use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe M-42 S/D Combat Helmet

What does it mean when the seller says a layer of wax applied?

Good helmet, and a reasonable price

It means that the previous collector has treated it to protect. No major problems there unless its been varnished.

I agree - that price isn't too high at all...even if there was a varnish put on the helmet to help preserve it. I give it a thumbs up! Good luck!
    Rob

Why is this such a reasonable price, I have put up ones for talk, but many of you say it should be less?

I don't think you'll find helmets that are much cheaper than that one. I agree that LW lids don't command as high a price as Army/KM/Polizei/SS but they are getting expensive.

Rob

?

Let's look at the fair prices:
    Shell with LW decals- 180 USD
    Chinstrap- 100 USD
    Liner 110 USD
    Rivets 45 USD
    String 30 USD

For untouched pne IMO a fair price
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

......and those prices put together would not make it worth while because it would then become a "put together" helmet. Nice to find original ones that have not been put together in the $400-$500 range.

Cheers!

Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    I don't think you'll find helmets that are much cheaper than that one. I agree that LW lids don't command as high a price as Army/KM/Polizei/SS but they are getting expensive.

Rob
    Rob
    That's a good point and one I do ponder on. Luftwaffe helmets are so under rated. (apart from the M38)I don't know why, It's a crazy world

Thanks for the information. Does the coat of wax make the helmet less valuable?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast