Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

Article about: I just bought this m1935 Double Decal helmet. It appears to have been white-washed for camo at one point. I have never had a camo helmet, so I would like some feedback on this. The square ri

Default Re: Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

Damn I hate seeing things like this happen. Sorry for your bad luck bud, hope you're not put off by this experience.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

the way that decal black looks like someones run a buffer over it

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Attachment 401028Attachment 401029Attachment 401030Attachment 401027FAKE??? I'm sorry, but I disagree. How do the air vents give it away?? I bought it at an auction in the St. Louis area. Fake is the LAST thing I would have thought....
    1000 % behind Kradspam...fake as the working week is long...ask for your money back..never mind the vents, the shape of the shell is totally wrong, and everything else that goes with it..Sorry Man hope you didn't get stung too bad.

Phill

Excaliber, a couple of pointers for next time if I may?

1) Decals - originals were water slide or lacquer attached and when they age and come off in areas they do so in flakes. Note how yours seem to have come off in chunks ( a bad indicator of a peel & stick decal )

2) paint - go out and look at an old painted metal item like a gas station sign or metal fence ( or old cars even ) and learn how old aged paint looks. Avoid ANYTHING that looks like someone has sanded the surface or smeared stuff on it.

3) leather - imagine an old belt or horse bridle and think how a natural material like leather will pick up oils and dirt over decades and age ( like an old leather bag ) - some liners are brittle, some still supple but all have wear and 'patina' to them.

Once you understand what to look for you will wonder why you ever got caught in the first place..... chin up, join the club of humanity where we ALL have stuffed up at some ( hopefully early ) time in our collecting lives!
    Cheers, Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123