Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelm

Article about: Hi all. I thought i would share with you my double decal Luftwaffe M35 Afrika Korps camo lid. It was brought back from North Africa by a New Zealand 2nd Division veteran and came to me via a

Default Luftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelm

Hi all.
    I thought i would share with you my double decal Luftwaffe M35 Afrika Korps camo lid. It was brought back from North Africa by a New Zealand 2nd Division veteran and came to me via a family member.
    This helmet is all original and in unmessed with condition. Manufactured by Sachsische Emailer size 66 with the batch number 4028. The camouflage paint appears to have been field applied by hand, and what I guess was a light tan has aged to a burnt orange/brown patina with traces of the Luft blue still visible in some areas on the exterior and under and around the liner on the interior.
    This helmet sat in a shed for many years and has suffered some rust and pitting on the tri shield side with the result most of this decal has gone with only faint traces of it left. However on the other side much of the Adler decal still remains. Size stamp on the liner and makers stamp on the chinstrap are visible.
    I guess this is a good example of a one off camo helmet that has been left forgotten for years in a garden shed and exposed to our extreme hot / cold /wet /humid weather conditions.
    Enjoy...
    JasonLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelmLuftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe m35 afrika korps camo stahlhelm
    P
    Many

It looks like a very nice helmet! If it werent for the provenance we would say just tropical or ever russian steppes. The 2nd division was transfered to Italy in 1943 right?

MAP
    ?

Nice. Whether DAK or southern front it's a nice combat vet!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes that is correct 2nd Division were transferred in late 1943. Whether this particular soldier went on to Italy I do not know. I was only told that he fought in North Africa and this is where he picked the helmet up from.
    Jason

A beauty Jason, a pleasure to see. Leon.

nice one.

?

Love the patinated colour on your helmet Jason
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Good camo there

Salty but nice!

?

Really like this one. Love the patina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast