MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Luftwaffe M35 Double Decal

Article about: I'm not sure it's the steal some think. I didn't give too much more than that for this DD named M35 SE64

Thanks to all for your input. I really appreciate it. I tend to get involved in these situations and my emotions take over. I need logical advice from all of you.

I am interested in an M35 Luftwaffe helmet with good decals and liner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M35 Double Decal
    P
    Many

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Thanks to all for your input. I really appreciate it. I tend to get involved in these situations and my emotions take over. I need logical advice from all of you.

I am interested in an M35 Luftwaffe helmet with good decals and liner.
    From the photos you have posted it wouldn't be a helmet I would want. Of course they don't show enough detail IMHO to be certain one way or the other. Is it possible to get better photos of the helmet?

?

I going to watch and learn.

Quote by Logictox View Post
    From the photos you have posted it wouldn't be a helmet I would want. Of course they don't show enough detail IMHO to be certain one way or the other. Is it possible to get better photos of the helmet?
    I am not sure what other detail you would want to see. What additional pictures would be helpful?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    I am not sure what other detail you would want to see. What additional pictures would be helpful?
    It is the size and quality of the photos that I was commenting on. They are very small and show no detail. Here is an example of a decal photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M35 Double Decal  

Quote by magneto View Post
    Came from the same seller as mine but I didn't like or want it and the double decal M42 police was also deemed suspect so passed on that as well...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...twaffe-392515/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...police-392650/
    This individual sells a lot of helmets then I am guessing. Some seem to be good and some not so good. I do not know enough to be sure. He's telling me it is all original.

There have been many valid comments that call this one into some question. Even though I think it is right if I were you I would demand clear closeup pictures of the important features, i.e. the decals, the liner, the liner pins, the skirt, the size/maker and lot # stampings, the vents. etc. just to be sure, and post them for some additional critical review before sending any payment. If it is good it is a great price. If I am wrong, well, it would be a real waste of money. Good luck with it. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    There have been many valid comments that call this one into some question. Even though I think it is right if I were you I would demand clear closeup pictures of the important features, i.e. the decals, the liner, the liner pins, the skirt, the size/maker and lot # stampings, the vents. etc. just to be sure, and post them for some additional critical review before sending any payment. If it is good it is a great price. If I am wrong, well, it would be a real waste of money. Good luck with it. Jim G.
    Thank you so much. I will ask these questions and repost.

Great advice, if in doubt post close up pics and let the jury make a recommendation based upon the evidence.
    The guy seems genuine enough to me and he will send you more pics if you ask him in fact he has just sent me some of another DD tonight..

I think it is good. Ken N's book has some info that would help with these decals, I will dig it out. In the meantime better decal pics would help, as well as some shots of the space between the liner and the shell. And the legs of the liner pins while he is at it.

If it is all in order that price is ridiculously cheap.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast