Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history

Article about: Hi all, Here is a nice M35 Q66 double decal Luftwaffe helmet, that has a bit of history with it. Sadly the eagle decal has had a couple of good hits over the years, but what makes this one i

Default Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history

Hi all,

Here is a nice M35 Q66 double decal Luftwaffe helmet, that has a bit of history with it. Sadly the eagle decal has had a couple of good hits
    over the years, but what makes this one interesting is the US soldier who bought the helmet back to the 'States with him scratched his
    social security number into the helmet, and the date that he picked the helmet up (3/45). This information led to me finding out that....

This helmet was souvineered by 42023061 James H. Williamson of Cayuga County in New York. He was born in 1925 and enlisted in
    the U.S. Army some time in 1943, and he enlisted in Syracuse, New York.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history   Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history  

Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history   Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history  

Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history   Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history  

Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M35 double decal helmet, 2nd pattern eagle, with some history
    P
    Many

Sorry 'bout the top two photos, they are another helmet, so I guess that is my 'woops' for the day !

Bob

You have a great lid collection and thanks for showing them.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

James H. Williamson certainly made sure this was know to be his. Not only did he scratch his serial number in it, but also his social security number. He was also kind enough to jot down capture date ......and all very neatly done might I add. What more could anyone ask for! Great helmet and provenance.

If you look him up, you may be able to determine where it was captured. At least a general area at any rate.
    Regards,
    John

Another beauty Bob

Quote by relicz View Post
    James H. Williamson certainly made sure this was know to be his. Not only did he scratch his serial number in it, but also his social security number. He was also kind enough to jot down capture date ......and all very neatly done might I add. What more could anyone ask for! Great helmet and provenance.

If you look him up, you may be able to determine where it was captured. At least a general area at any rate.
    I am not sure where he served, a retired US detective passed the information about his social security number to me.....

Bob

Another beautiful helmet Bob , you sure know where to find them! Leon.