Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe M40

Article about: I'm considering bidding on this Luftwaffe M40; however, I just wanted to get some opinions on it here first. The decal looks a little strange, but I'm assuming it's just been damaged at some

Default Luftwaffe M40

I'm considering bidding on this Luftwaffe M40; however, I just wanted to get some opinions on it here first. The decal looks a little strange, but I'm assuming it's just been damaged at some point. The liner looks a little off to me, maybe replaced by a collector? Any opinions or advice is much appreciated as always!

Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

That's the base layer of the decal underneath the eagle. Top layer is worn off, exposing the solid white below. It could be the lighting, but the color appears like the gray of later war re-issue helmets, and not the blue-gray I'd expect of a Luftwaffe M40. However, often on the reissue helmets, the maker stamp and lot # would be less distinct or even covered up by the reissue paint. I can't say it's bad, but it's not exactly what my experience has taught me to expect. Also, by the time that gray was used, helmets were not being produced with decals.

Pass on it due to the decal issues.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, it all looks original, but as said, that decal has pretty ugly damage to it, personally I would pass on it unless it is available at a bargain price. Leon.

Such a shame about the decal - I love Quist M40 Luftwaffe helmets but the decal needs to be much better.
    Fortunately there a quite a few available.
    It is next on my list of helmets to grab.
    Nick

I like the lid but that decal looks suspect to me,

This is an early Q M40 with factory blue/gray paint. The split pins are leftovers from M35 Luft helmets, or early contracted pins. lot# coincides with known 1940-41 dated liners. The decal is original
    Last edited by real steel; 04-06-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I like the lid but that decal looks suspect to me,
    Nothing wrong with the decal.

Thank yall for the replies! What do y'all think about the liner?

The liner is fine. The issue is the decal, someone has tried to rub/scratch off the decal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast