Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe M40 Helmet opinion

Article about: Hi guys.I am new to this forum. I just got this M40 Luftwaffe Helmet to my small collection.I need some advice and opinion. The decal is kind of scratched out. Should I put e repo one or jus

Ves
    ?

Default Luftwaffe M40 Helmet opinion

Hi guys.I am new to this forum. I just got this M40 Luftwaffe Helmet to my small collection.I need some advice and opinion. The decal is kind of scratched out. Should I put e repo one or just leave it as it is. What is your opinion about the whole helmet? How much is worth it. What do you think about the paint,the liner,the chinstrap and the rivets. I was told that the liner has never been separate from the shell.
    Thank you all in advance!

Luftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinionLuftwaffe M40 Helmet opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40 Helmet opinion
    P
    Many

The helmet looks ok i would leave as is it would ruin it by putting on a fake decal

MAP
    ?

Ves,

Welcome to the forum.

Agree with Kradman......don't touch it. While unfortunate the decal was scratched off, in a way it tells a bit of a story. A new decal will render the helmet pretty much worthless.

In looking at the paint (and I admit I'm still learning guys), is it possible that it is a camo. Although I am leaning towards just the typical rough textured repaint.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its a factory over paint... The decal was dug out.

welcome and leave it,it still counts.

Ves
    ?

Thank you all ! Definitely I will leave it as is. I wouldn't touch the paint as well ( I was thinking to polish the shell ) What about the value of the helmet. How much is worth it?

Hi Ves, welcome to the forum. As said this is an M40 that has had a rough texture re-paint and the decal has been "dug out". Do not put another one over the top, it will stick out like a sore thumb and destroy the credibility of the helmet. As for value, it is not that high as it has been messed with so here in the UK I would say around the £250-£300 mark. Leon.

Late night Leon mate, what have you been up to you old dog?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Late night Leon mate, what have you been up to you old dog?
    I stayed up to watch the Scottish referendum!! Leon.

I did too actually, delighted with the result today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast