Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M40 Winter

Article about: This is a continuation post from the one I made in the relic helmet sub forum. I think that it would be better suited here. Bought from Russia is this somewhat relic condition Luftwaffe M40

Default Luftwaffe M40 Winter

New acquisition! This is a continuation post from the one I made in the relic helmet sub forum after it had arrived.

Bought from Russia is this somewhat relic condition Luftwaffe M40 with the remnants of a winter camo. The surface is moderately pitted but still retains much of it's original paint and texture. What remains of the Luftwaffe decal can be seen in the first few photos. The interior is significantly more pitted and has a small crack but the shell is solid. It definitely has that old smell. Stamped on the side is E56 and on the back I think I can make out E34. All the liner pins are damaged in some way so I'd imagine that the liner and band was forcibly removed at some point. Surprised at the nice photos my cheap phone could take in sunlight.

Luftwaffe M40 Winter Luftwaffe M40 Winter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40 Winter
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice EF64 , too bad it is so rusty inside, can't really comment on the camo, but to me it looks pretty good.
    Luis

Goes to show just how much better natural light is for photographs! A very nice relic. Congratulations!

B.B.

Can you post a really good close up of the eagle ?

This is the best I can manage with artificial light as its getting dark here.

Luftwaffe M40 Winter

This is a nice relic, but the wings of the eagle look a little odd, narrower than they should be, but this might just be a result of the rusting.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    This is a nice relic, but the wings of the eagle look a little odd, narrower than they should be, but this might just be a result of the rusting.
    Its quite hard to show through the camera but on close inspection there are traces of decal higher up as well as some underneath the white paint. I layered a complete decal over the image in Photoshop and can confirm that the proportions match up.

Good to hear Speedfast!