Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?

Article about: Hello all, There is a subtle brushed camo on this helmet. Any issues with this one? Please let me know either way. Thank you. William Kramer

Default Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?

Hello all,

There is a subtle brushed camo on this helmet. Any issues with this one?

Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?   Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?  

Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?   Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?  

Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?   Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?

Drawstring is obviously not original, and the liner looks odd. Let's see what the pro's say.

Nitram

Liner looks an original to me, blood damage probably on the side there. Painted black for Flak use? I'm not familiar with these flak lids but it looks pretty convincing. I saw this one recently somewhere else.

Any black paint on the liner at all?

I'd like to see a better decal close-up but I think it's a fake decal.
    Brush camo with decal on top of it is a no no for me also.

I would really like to see better and clearer pictures..
    I do not like the decal,I think this is a post war black helmet with hand paint again black to look has a FLAK helmet.
    chris

I agree with the above posts. The pic of the decal is JUST blurry enough to hide the detail where the paint touches the decal, as well as the detail within the decal itself. This is cause for concern. Just a theory but maybe the paint is good, but the decal is post war applied. Looks like an ET/ckl lid?

Liner is original ww2, string is a recent replace for a shoelace-like cord, decal is fake. Paint IMO also bad. The whole helmet is not correct. Something is wrong with the overall look and patina. Might be a parts helmet put together with a fake decal but I'd say black paint is also fake.
    Agree, seems to be an ET/ckl helmet.

p.s.:
    I like the green under the black paint, very possibly this is an army late war helmet shell with postwar overpaint and fake decal.

?

I agree with the blood damage to the liner, the decal pic is blurry, but I dont see a problem with it right away, must be a good fake,IMO. Here's mine for ref.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?   Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?  

Luftwaffe M42 camo helmet?